Friday, March 4, 2011

Original birth certificates

I learned that Pennsylvania will be looking at legislation to open original birth records (OBC's) to adoptees. Strange thing is, when someone excitedly told me of this, I felt I "should" be excited, but really it didn't mean much.

I've located my birthparents and know their names. I have my fake birth certificate that includes(supposedly, my) baby footprints. If I was given a birth name, my natural mother doesn't remember doing so- yet she does she remember my birth date, either- so maybe I did have a birth name. I guess the creepy gap to be discovered is to see if I'm named "Baby Girl" on the paperwork.

There must be some kind of layers of experience in receiving one's OBC. Just can't envision what they'd be.

No comments:

Post a Comment